We are glad to announce that on 20th of December Mr. Rossen Valtchanov delivered a lecture on Introduction to Credit Risk to the students from Sofia University ‘St. Kliment Ohridski”, enrolled in Master’s Programme in Applied Econometrics and Economic Modeling.
Introduction to Credit Risk part of the Master’s Programme in Applied Econometrics and Economic Modeling.
Credit Risk Management Course part of the Master’s Programme in Applied Econometrics and Economic Modeling
On 12th of December, Dr. Yurt Alici – expert with more than 20 years professional experience in consumer credit counseling and risk management, started the Credit Risk Management course, part of the Master’s Programme in Applied Econometrics and Economic Modeling in Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in Sofia University ‘St. Kliment Ohridski’.
Within two days, the specialist in credit risk modeling held two lectures about Models for Predicting Bankruptcy and Business Models in Retail Banking.
More information about the program and the lecturers you can find here.
Upon return from Edinburgh, ERMC would like to wish all participants and the Academic Faculty of the M.Sc. Applied Econometrics and Economic Modelling of Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski every success in the forthcoming academic year.
Four AEEM students who won ERMC awards for best credit risk modelling projects joined Europe’s premier conference for credit scoring and related topics covering everything from current industry issues to the latest statistical research findings.
More information about the conference may be found here: https://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/crc
Exeter Risk Management has announced a Conference Grant Award for the best assignment delivery as a part of ERMC contribution in MSC IN ECONOMETRICS AND FINANCIAL MODELLING and cooperation with Sofia Univerisity’s Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
Course Assignments have been delivered as a result of teamwork where the final assignment was subject to confirmed data sources. The assignment had to cover one of the following topics:
- Credit Acquisition Scorecard* (New Customer Loans case)
- Customer Behaviour Scorecard* (Credit Card case)
- Corporate Failure Model: Z-Score for Bulgarian SME*
- Probability of Default for SME Loans* (winning team)
- Stress Test on Loans Portfolio*
The winning team, which assignment covered the PD Model development for SME topic, will be attending the Edinburgh Credit Risk and Control Conference from August 30 to September 1st: https://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/crc/conferences .*Posters of different teams can be downloaded from the links.
EMRC is pleased to announce its participation in Deposit Insurance Design and Credit Union Risk public lecture.
On June 9, 2017, Prof. Christina Atanasova, Finance Department, Beedie School of Business, Simon Fraser University, delivered a public lecture on deposit insurance and credit union risk. For more detailed info, please see Prof. Atanasova’s profile here.
Financial Risk Insights, Issue 31, from June 2017, covered the following topics:
- Current regulatory environment for intraday liquidity risk was presented by senior risk specialist from Bank of Ireland;
- Complementary stress testing presentation was given by Credit Suisse, where process orientated generic framework for reverse stress testing was described;
- Stress testing insights were presented by BNP Pariba: The importance of the risk discipline for more integrated testing approach was pointed out by BNP Paribas presenters and the possible consequences were further separately outlined;
- Governance expectations from Deutsche Bank. The VP, the liquidity risk management addressed the variations in the definitions of Governance across organizations and departments;
- Full-to-end risk assessment framework, from procurement to termination for on-going monitoring: the benefits of incorporating risk appetite into this strategy, was presented by BNY Mellon.
MoneyConf 2017 was placed in Madrid, Spain where EMRC had the pleasure to take part in. All participants possessed the opportunity to get closer to the most popular progress in Business, Finance, Banking, Commerce, Insurance, Wealth Management, Capital Markets, Money, Start-up, Fintech and Financial Technology at this significant meeting. This year around 1800 industry leaders and professionals have come together in Madrid for MoneyConf.
The conference days were fulfilled with:
- more than 100 speakers at Fintech Forefront – the people behind Fintech’s most disruptive companies on the MoneyConf stage;
- 70 startups vying for future heavyweight titles which are expected to change the game in the future;
- Over 100 investors, such as Propel Venture Partners, 500 startups, J.P. Morgan, General Atlantic and 83north, which took part in the Hours program, that matches the startups with investors for 15-minute, one-on-one meetings;
- 130 International Media around;
The MoneyConf stage gave the opportunity to hear innovators and decision makers at finance’s most influential companies and the founders of the exciting startups.
Some of the conference highlights:
- A digital identity for all;
- Fintech and the city, more specific – London and fintech, and why fintech has flourished in London, which city may become the world’s next fintech hub;
- Fintech future and where fintech will bring us in the coming years;
- Bank charges, discussion was brought around the transparency in fintech, and how much can banks charge for service;
- Finance and inclusion – discussion around how we can ensure innovation and inclusion go hand in hand in today’s world;
- The possible forthcoming troubles in the next 12 months and what startups can do to ensure a healthy future;
- Consumers desires – focusing on what they want from their bank and why access to international banking accounts need not only be for a small percentage of financially savvy people;
More information you can find in the Money Conf brochure.
EMRC is pleased to announce its participation in the 2nd Master Class in Empirical Methods in Finance. More information is available on http://www.aeem-feba.info
- Introduction to Credit Risk part of the Master’s Programme in Applied Econometrics and Economic Modeling.
- Credit Risk Management Course part of the Master’s Programme in Applied Econometrics and Economic Modeling
- 2-Day Workshop Humans and the Art of Analytical Modelling
- CONFERENCE GRANT AWARD
- Credit Scoring and Credit Control XVI